Defekte/Probleme an der 790 ADV (Beiträge aus 2019-2020)

• Mit dem Hochdruckreiniger wirklich nicht so gerne...ich werde es natürlich noch versuchen, kann es mir aber wie gesagt nicht vorstellen das es Helfen soll.

Derzeit ist es bei mir so, 20 Minuten gesittet Landstraße, dann zwei Ampeln und alle Balken sind schwarz und es kommt die Warnmeldung im Display, so dass man erst parken muss und abkühlen lassen...

• Wenn das an einem zugesauten Kühler liegen soll, müsstest es schon sehen, bzw. die Kühlrippen halt gar nicht mehr.

Kann mir nicht vorstellen das hier das Problem liegt

• Der Lüfter läuft ab dem vierten Balken permanent.

Wollte das hier eigentlich auch nicht groß thematisieren, nur mal fragen, wie das bei Endurofahrern mit eingeschlammtem Kühler ist...

• Thermostat überprüfen auf simpel: links unter der seitenverkleidung am Kühlerzulaufschlauch temperatur prüfen, dann rechts unten Kühlerablauf kontrollieren. bei eklatanten Temperaturunterschied öffnet das Termostat nicht. Verschlammen des Kühlers war in der Steinzeit bei Graugussmotorblock und Kupferkühler.

Weiterdenken statt Querdenken

• Das mit dem Thermostat ist ein Ansatz, da schau ich nachher mal.

Ich glaube es allerdings nicht wirklich, denn als ich neulich den Deckel vom Kühler aufgemacht hatte, kamen ja Luftblasen und der Flüssigkeitsstand im Kühler sackte ab. Hatte dann am Kühler etwas nachgefüllt und es war erstmal besser, weil offenbar weniger Luft im System.

Wenn der Thermostat nicht öffnen würde, würde im Kühler das Wasser ja nicht umgewälzt...

Aber ich guck nachher nochmal...

• Das Thermostat hat einen kleinen Bypass durch dem immer eine geringe Wassermenge strömt um den Kälteschock beim öffnen zu verhindern, also strömt immer ein kleine Menge Kühlflüssikkeit durch den Motor. Sonst würde sich das Thermostat auch nicht zuverlässig erwärmen.

Weiterdenken statt Querdenken

• Hatte deshalb mal 6 Striche, da war das Ding aber auch kaum noch zu erkennen und vorwärts gings auch nicht wirklich.

Normalerweise merkt man da aber nix.

• wird das ding wirklich zu heiß, oder hat evtl der sensor ne macke!?:denk: Wobei dann eigentlich der Lüfter auch gelegentlich aus gehen sollte...

• Habe heute auf fb von einem Englaender gelesen, dem die Vorderradbremse festgegangen ist! War wohl gerade am ueberholen, als das Teil zugegriffen hat. Mit viel Glueck und durch aufmerksame Autofahrer ist ihm nichts passiert. Bremse ging erst wieder auf, nachdem er die Bremsleitungen kurz gelockert hat.

Ich wuerde mich ja nicht als pingelig bezeichnen, aber das ist schon krass!

Bei der zerbroeselten hinteren Bremszange des Amis, war wohl der Bolzen, auf dem diese gleitet, schief reingedreht worden und von daher hats das Teil dann irgendwann zerrissen.

Immer schoen oben bleiben!

• Mir macht die Geschichte mit der selbstständig arbeitenden Vorderradbremse auch ziemlich Sorge.

Will so was nicht erleben müssen. Man stelle sich eine Rechtskurve mit Gegenverkehr vor.....

Ist denn der Fehler gefunden worden?

• Hat er gestern erst gepostet. Werde die Sache verfolgen und sage Bescheid, wenns was neues gibt.

pack doch mal den Link hier rein oder mehr Infos als nur "Bei Facebook...". Danke!

Meine Posts sind wie ein Supermarkt. Jeder darf entscheiden, ob und was er davon für sich mitnimmt. Keiner muss kaufen :grins:

• Wenn der Fall gestern erst gepostet wurde, dann muss es der zweite Fall sein. Denn es gab vor ein paar Tagen schon einen, der solch eine Situation bei Facebook gemeldet hat. Oder vielleicht war es der Gleiche nur in einer anderen Gruppe?

• Wenn der Fall gestern erst gepostet wurde, dann muss es der zweite Fall sein. Denn es gab vor ein paar Tagen schon einen, der solch eine Situation bei Facebook gemeldet hat. Oder vielleicht war es der Gleiche nur in einer anderen Gruppe?

Es war der selbe. Er hat den Beitrag erneut gepostet, da der erste scheinbar gelöscht wurde.

• pack doch mal den Link hier rein oder mehr Infos als nur "Bei Facebook...". Danke!

Neil McGuirean ADVENTURE BIKE RIDERS1 Tag

HI All,

New member here and thought i'd post about a recent incident that i've had with my 2019 790 AdvR. Firstly, it's a brilliant bike to ride, engine is great fun and bike handles amazing off-road. But, and there'a always one, this is my first KTM and having bought it new in July last year, i didn't expect to have it back in the dealers 4 times within that period because of various faults, some of which (e.g. screen condensation, fuel tank mis-reading etc.), still haven't been fixed.

Recently i was on a trip to Scotland with a friend and my brake light was flickering on/off, I'd also mentioned this to the dealer and they said it was fine (Not), but then on the M6 Southbound, in the over-taking lane, my front brakes slammed on without me even touching the brake lever. Thankfully it was in the quieter part of the motorway, just north of Jn31, but it meant my bike went from 80mph to zero in the shortest space possible, and i was in the over-taking lane. A quick thinking lorry driver veered across and blocked the middle and my lane, and there i was, stationary on the motorway. My calipers were totally locked on, couldn't move the bike at all and the only way we got moving was by releasing some brake fluid from the brake line! Then we had to stop the whole traffic so i could push my bike across all 3 lanes to the hard shoulder.

Anyway, brake was released partially then and so, to get out of danger, i rode to the closest services, by which time my friend could smell, and hear, something coming from my bike. At the services, front brake was dragging and rear brake was totally gone, and my brake light wasn't even coming on. Was recovered from there and brought home, KTM dealer collected bike and now this is where KTM UK kicked in. After reviewing some forums, there are a number of other cases of the front brakes ceasing during riding, one guy in a 790 Duke forum had the same on his 2019 Duke, he managed to drop the bike on the motorway and run to safety, just before a car hit it!

They were quick to respond to my complaint about this issue, as one car who was behind me had to swerve between my friend and my bike to avoid us, so kudos to their driving skills, but also to KTM for replying so quick. They took the bike to KTM UK for a Master Mechanic to look into it, but seemed totally complacent about the fact this was the 5th time KTM has had to have my bike for repair, on a bike that's only just 12mths old. I told them i had no confidence in this bike anymore, and they simply fobbed me off to the dealer to discuss if i wanted a refund/replacement bike. They also didn't offer a loan bike, as i've been without a vehicle now for 2wks, and when I said this wasn't good service, they referred me back to the dealer. Who by the way, told me he couldn't give me a loan bike, as KTM UK now have control of my case, so i need to speak to them!

KTM UK Seemed quick to acknowledge the incident, take action to review the bike, but completely ignore the fact that their bike almost caused my death, and the same brand new bike, has had multiple issues within a 12mth period, with less than 8k miles on it. This post is somewhat of a rant, but it's also a heads-up to anyone considering buying a KTM. Lots of my rider friends had advised against KTM because of quality issues, and I thought they must have solved these with manufacturing improving, but seems they haven't at all, and then seem to have little in the way of empathy for customers who have serious incidents because of their poor QC at production.

I now am not sure what to do, I certainly don't have confidence in my bike anymore, KTM UK seem to think it's okay to review/repair and return, even though they've done that with several of the other faults, and they recurred. Be wary, dealership spread, continued faults, poor customer empathy and the willingness to pass the buck on responsibility seem to be KTMs MO. If you have a bike and only want to ride in the EU, then you might be okay, but if you buy an adventure bike to go on an Adventure, farther afield, then I would think very hard about KTM. In fact, I originally wanted the T700 based on reliability and parts etc., but ended up with a KTM as my old bike was stolen. Now i'm looking at Yamaha again. Shame really, as the 790 AdvR is a great bike to rally off-road with, but for adventure riders, we need a bike we can trust. I don't trust mine

Safe riding everyone. Check your brakes!

P.S. I'll post updates on developments with KTM UK if anyone is interested.

**Latest Update**

KTM UK offered me £9k for my 13kth old bike with 8k miles on it! I've obviously said no and now, still without a loan bike and into the 4th week of having no bike (despite paying£12k for one), I am still waiting for an explanation from KTM to what caused my near death experience. Not a single person has written to me other than customer service asking me to fill in a form and confirm they can take the bike to the HQ for inspection. I would suggest if they can't even offer an explanation as to why this happened, they don't know themselves and that is a very scary notion!