After valve shims engine not starting

• Hello, I just done valve shims and now engine is not starting, I bought this engine and never tested, just before fitting in motorcycle I decided to check valve clearance so everything would be done at once, what I found left side Exhaust and Intake was a little of range.... look at my photo I have marked tolerance and everything, could it be that I missed something ? Or I have bought engine without compression? it looks like that I have weak compression, because I could hold with my hand the spark plug hole, DUKE 390 2016

• You gave the answer to your question.

How the Britt´s say:

You survived and learnt something. :prost:

Der Kluge lernt aus allem und von jedem, der Normale aus seinen Erfahrungen und der Dumme weiß alles besser. :winke:

• Hallo Lucas,

Your valve clearance adjustments look correct by the notes you took.

I'm not sure what Kondos refers to (Brittney's?) with his vague statements, - but you may fit the spark plug and turn the motor by hand while listening if the motor releases air through the intake, outlet or engine ventilation during compression stroke for a very rough compression problem investigation ( maybe pinpointing to leaking valve(s) or a piston sealing problem....)

• warum schreibt der Lukas aus HD in .de eigentlich auf Englisch :denk:

Einer meiner Nachbarn aus AS in .de spricht auch kein Wort Deutsch.
    Könnte daran liegen, dass er (der Nachbar) in Amerika aufgewachsen ist und hier stationiert ist.

Der hat zwar kein Mopped, aber er hat sich ende letzten Jahres einen VAG Jahreswagen gekauft.

Ich könnte mir vorstellen, dass er eine eventuelle Frage auch auf Englisch stellen würde... :denk:

Immer daran denken:
    Gummierte Seite nach unten,
    lackierte Seite nach oben...

:wheelie: