Hubveränderung 625!

• Hi!! I'm Italian and I like very much your forum!! This is my first time I write here because I don't speak german, but I often read your topic!!
    I need your help(if you can understand my bad english!!!!!) because I want to tuning my 640 2005
    14112007054ag1 (Large).jpg

I have akrapovic exaust system, keihin fcr 41 mx, an k&n cotton air filter.... now i want to install big bore 105mm, make head mod and install a new camshaft!
    I have read that is possible to change original crankshaft hub trom 78 to 82mm, i've sent an email to http://www.gw-racing-parts.de but they never answer to me! You know if it's possible to make this mod??
    For head tuning.... where you suggest me to send my head?? And after head tuning wich cam is good??

I hope you can help me..... And I hope you can understand my bad English!!!!!!

My best regards from Italy!!
    Claudio

• Thank you for fast answer!!!!
    I know all the link you have write! I have seen that abp-racing sell the big bore kit for 790 euro! It's the best price i've found!
    When you write "complete progam" you mean head tuning??

For crakshaft.... I know that is dangerous to make original hub from 78 to 82mm, i would only know if that mod is possible!! If i had to change only to 80mm i prefer to buy the 660 rallye crank!!

About the cams, there are lots of models! Tornado g1 g2 g3 , camsf1 http://www.msd.it/ecomm/prodotti_elenco.asp?cat=358 and msp3(i've find it on schneider) that is the serie camshaft of 660 rallye!
    Why you suggest me this one??

I've removed e-starter.... so I don't need the autodekosystem!!

• Forget about the g-series camshafts.
    Ask if your crank case has to be widened für the large piston. If he says yes just hang the phone up (they wont last that way).
    If the piston is from JE or WISECO: hang up.
    82mm is only possible with the old 35mm crank pin (stock is 40). Onlysome guys know what to to to get some sort of reliablility (at least they claim) out of this combo price for sure ist 1000-1500 for a decent 82mm-crankshaft, 660-rally comes for less than 700.

• Hi! I'm sorry but I don't understand all !!
    You say that je or wiseco isn't good??
    Is it possible to fit a 82mm crankshaft in my engine?
    I cannot change the original hub from 78mm to 82mm, but I can buy a factory rallye crankshaft and make this 82mm-hub!! Is it correct?
    :zwinker: :zwinker:
    Thank you!

• nope!
    stroke 82mm = 35mm crank pin
    stroke 80mm = rally crankshaft with 40mm pin, already milled connecting rod (big end) because of clearance issues with the crank case
    If Faber sells a 40mm-excentric-pin to lump 82mm of stroke out of it I would not buy it because of reliability.
    Not all cranks (even if new) are usable for some excentre-work (depending on the tolerances)

82mm means the crankshaft itself will cost you approx. 1000€ (modified KTM con rod, -80g of weight) or 1500€ (pankl con rod, -120g or was it 160g??)

Wiseco/JE piston are not originally designed for KTM and will require more frequent replacements.
    I have an Omega-piston of 105mm bore and this one looks different in a significat way to the W/JE

• Thank you!
    So.... I cannot change the original hub of rallye crankshaft!! :respekt:

You not suggest me to change my hub to 82mm because of reliability!

The only way to have 82mm stroke is to use an excentric pin in a crank with 35mm pin??

About con rod... Is't good to use a 2mm alu base gasket? (maybe isn't possible with a big bore...)

Thank you very much!!! My english is very bad! Excuse me!!

• hey jungs, weiß net was "tank" auf englich heißt, deswegen fragt ihr ihn mal was er damit gemacht hat...? weil sieht fett aus. scheint lackiert zu sein. und mich würds halt interessieren wie er das gemacht hat!?!

gruß

Frauen schlucken nicht immer, ne Kati schon!!!

• Faber can only change the original stroke of my crankshaft from 78mm to 80mm (it's impossible to 82!!!!!)
    I decided to sent them my crankshaft...
    After that I'm confused abut change of base gasket(Fussdichtung)... my original one is 0,5mm thick and i have to install 1,5mm!! But schneider sell it only of 1 and 2 mm thick! Wich of these two should I buy??
    If I buy a 660 cylinder with piston can I fit the original (0,5mm )base gasket?

Faber kann nur ändern, die ursprüngliche Schlaganfall meiner Kurbelwelle von 78mm bis 80mm (es ist unmöglich, auf 82 !!!!!)
    Ich beschloss, ihnen meine Kurbelwelle ...
    Nach verwirrt, dass ich mich anlehnen Änderung der Fussdichtung ... Mein Original ist 0,5 mm dick, und ich habe die Installation von 1,5 m! Aber schneider verkaufen sie nur von 1 und 2 mm Dicke! Welche der beiden muss ich kaufen?
    Wenn ich eine 660 Zylinder mit Kolben kann ich mit den ursprünglichen (0,5 mm) Basis Dichtung?

Thanks!!!!!!!

• tele5palla
    Thanks for translating your text into german with an online translator. I have never laughed more before I have read this .... :lautlach:

Kind regards,
    Tom

>> Ich wollte mich mit Ihnen geistig duellieren, <<
    >> aber ich sehe gerade, Sie sind unbewaffnet. <<

• If you increase the crank from 78mm to 80mm your piston has to made 2mm more move.
    If you want to avoide contact beetween head and piston you have to lift the head 1mm (So you keep same distance between piston and head and a similar compression).
    Therefore you can install a 1,5 instead of 0,5 base-gasket, or you install a 1mm on the base and a 0,5 thicker than the original-gasket on the top.

If you take a 660 cylinder with a 660 piston you have to install original 660 gaskets (by using a 80mm crank).

DUKE2-03
    SD-R-08

• sry, i can not answer to your question, but i wanted to ask what you have done with your "tank"? (i hope the word is right)^^

p.s: very nice bike!!!!!!!!!!!!

greets

Frauen schlucken nicht immer, ne Kati schon!!!

• Hi!! Someone knows if it's possible to fit the rallye crankshaft to a 625 engine?

Hallo!! Weiß jemand, ob es möglich ist, der rallye-Kurbelwelle zu einem 625 Motor zu passen?