Ultra gravel-traveller. RC8´ed Adv-S...

• Sorry for writing in english but my german is very bad(only for survival;-)

Hi

I´m in the mood for changes and economy is with me.

Its an old dream i´ve been hagling around with.

It starts with my 530exc is offroading very much. The hours are growing quickly and i´m getting better and better. I don´t get to use the 950 for offroad as much. My divorce made it possible for me to travel again and the lust for adventures on the steed is strong. I have had a good eye for the FJR1300 for fast, light, single travel. But the thought about i couldn´t travel offroad made me dump the idea.
    Then i thought it could be great fun to build an offroad FJR. My thoughts are fast on the tarmac and smooth on the gravel. I have allways dreamed of having more power to travel fast/comfy on the highways.
    Plans/ideas are:
    1: RC8(R) engine(EFI)
    2: Touratech tanks front and 2x10l back.
    3: Giantloop, hennesyhammock, jetboil....ultralight.
    4: 320mm front/rear rally suspensionmod.

I know a lot would ask if the engine doesn´t punch enough and sure it does. But i´ve been riding the bike for a LONG time now and would like to make som exciting changes.

QUestions are:
    1: Does anyone have any idea if the engine could drop in with or without minor efforts. My maine concern is at the swingarm.
    2: How is the gearing? Can i get the transmission to work at less speed(i do not need to trial the bike)?
    3: Which kind of mileage can expect from the rc8?
    4: Does any of you have any idea were i should get an engine?

Any concerns or thoughts about the project, please write it.

I´m well aware that the project wont come easy and it doesn´t need to. I will be going to ISAF later next year.

Regards
    Mikael
    Denmark

• Sounds for me a bit crazy :crazy: , think you will get a bunch of problems, but my best wishes for your project. Let us know about the progress. :respekt: