Warranty replacement of software & front fork cartridge?

• Hello I am sorry for the English,my German is terrible!!

do you know of anyone in Germany that have had the right front fork cartridge replaced under guarantee because of a clunk in the suspension?

in the USA a few have been replaced allready under warrenty

there was an article about it in the latest edition of tourenfarher.

thanks Emile

• Hi,

not to me so far, but I will be at the dealer in 1 month and will ask if there is any warranty offer to solve this.... Will keep you informed.

Kind regards, Andreas

94er R 1100 GS, 690 Enduro R Umbau auf SM, seit 17.04.2015 - 1290er SA - Leider geil!

1290 SuperDuke GT (2020) - Leider geiler! K 1200 LT BJ 2000 - Sehr bequem ;-)

• Tourenfahrer reports that all 1290 will receive the sw-update. Further test measures are available to ensure that the system performs as designed, but a general replacement of functioning parts is not planned (i.e. no warranty hw-upgrades).

Meine Beiträge geben meine private Meinung wieder, ohne Anspruch auf Richtigkeit / Vollständigkeit.

• Thx for this update JustMe.

Tourenfahrer reports ?

Where precisely?

April 2016, page 14, in response to a letter to the editor.

Regards
    Chris

Meine Beiträge geben meine private Meinung wieder, ohne Anspruch auf Richtigkeit / Vollständigkeit.

• Hi,

ich werde einfach fragen......
    Bin im April beim TÜV ;o)

Liebe Grüße Andreas

94er R 1100 GS, 690 Enduro R Umbau auf SM, seit 17.04.2015 - 1290er SA - Leider geil!

1290 SuperDuke GT (2020) - Leider geiler! K 1200 LT BJ 2000 - Sehr bequem ;-)

• In magazine touren fahrer
    March page 6
    The article says they replace the right fork cartridge with anupdated cartridge and new software.
    Also new brackets for the side panniers
    To stop the high speed wobble, also mentioned in an article in Motorrad magazine

Both updates are standard from model 2017

• In the USA it is not a recall
    but a few riders have had the cartridge replaced under warranty
    So basically wondering what is happening in Europe

April 2016, page 14, in response to a letter to the editor.

Regards
    Chris

Tourenfahrer reports that all 1290 will receive the sw-update. Further test measures are available to ensure that the system performs as designed, but a general replacement of functioning parts is not planned (i.e. no warranty hw-upgrades).

• As usual, much depends on the individual dealer as well as on the customer´s ability to deal with the dealer. If the system does not perform as designed, I have no doubt that KTM will repair the system; but nobody should expect to get a new-model fork cartridge under warranty if the existing cartridge performs as specified. Anyways, there´s too much speculation, as nobody has reported yet how the 2015 system performs with the new software; maybe it does the trick.
    Cheers
    Chris

• Hallo zusammen,

geht es hier um das a) Geklacker oder b )generel über das mangelnde Ansprechverhalten der Gabel ?

Wenn es um das Geklacker geht kann ja auch nur der reklamieren bei dem es hörbar ist, jedoch das mangelnde Ansprechverhalten der Gabel zu reklamieren ist dann etwas anderes und vielleicht auch eher im Entscheid des Dealers.....

So what ?

• Wenn ein Doktor euch sagt, dass ihr Krebs habt und vier andere Doktoren untersuchen euch und finden keinen Krebs, wem glaubt ihr dann?
    Nur mal so zum Nachdenken :denk:

Meine Posts sind wie ein Supermarkt. Jeder darf entscheiden, ob und was er davon für sich mitnimmt. Keiner muss kaufen :grins: