Beiträge von I JET

I think it's possible to use the 990 clamps. With the 990 clamps you can use the front hole (wheels, brake disc, brake caliper, axle) from the 990 SMR. I dont think it's a good idea to use the 990 shock because its not as long as the 1190 shock the result would be a lower height and that's not good.

I have checked the ktm part numbers for the steering head bearing - 542 01 081 100 - They use the same bearing and seals between 990 and 1190 models so it looks possible to swap the clamps like you say.

Any updates on your project?

Thank you for the information. Much appreciated. I plan to use an 1190R as a starting point. The 990 fork spacing would be preferable. Do you know yet if the triple clamps are interchangeable? Ideally, I would use the 990 marchesini 17inch wheels from my SMT, the 990 front forks and brake calipers, if possible the 990 rear shock also....and the 18.5ltr SMT fuel tank and seat. Front high fender and headlight I would source from a 990 SMR.

I will find out what is possible once I get started. Hopefully not too much time on the lathe and CNC.

Thanks
    Daniel

Congratulations on such a beautiful supermoto. You have created my perfect bike...Well done. You have inspired me to take on a similar project. I have owned the 1190 adventure, 1290 superduke in the past and now I ride a 990 supermoto. Apologizes for the english, can you say how you access the ignition key now with the speedometer mounted using the superduke bracket? Also, do you know if the 990 forks will fit inside the 1190 triple clamps or do they need changing also?

Thanks
    Daniel