Beiträge von gsuk

personally

I.purchase accessories because I think they will enhance the riding experience

Not for trade in value purposes

I.don't look at my motorcycle as a investment in currency

But as a investment in pleasure

And the quick shifter gives a lot of pleasure?

totally agree with you

Same on my 790 sdv R

and now on my 890 adv R

But if it feels like it's not shifting correctly you can always have it recalibrated can't remember if it was my 1290 or 790 that needed that

But it was so mutch better after that.

And also it will get better after it has a few 1000km on it

Regarding the nozzle and a possible blockage due to adhesive residue: The repair instructions say! Make sure that there is no screw locking agent in the hole! but if that is a serious danger, why is it only done after 15 tkm and not at the 1000 inspection : think:?

I don't know if the paper manual is different (I have sold my 790 adv R) so I can not check anymore,

but the online 790 manual states check/clean at every service!

The same with my 890 adv R that only has a online manualScreenshot_20220106-214415_Foxit PDF Editor.jpg

Yes, you can. I used to have such a conversion kit on offer. But it was very rarely sold, so it doesn't exist anymore. I can leave out the handles themselves from a kit. Call me today or on Monday (until 1:00 p.m.). For the next two weeks I am on the road and very difficult to reach.

Heated seats and heated grips are completely different stories. Connecting the seat heating to the CLS Heat is theoretically possible, but it doesn't work that well.

sorry for the English(my german is terrible) that would be great for me also to get just the cls heat controller to attach to the ktm 790 adv R heated grips do you ship to Holland? one other question, would the heat with the cls controller be higher than with the original ktm controller?

If I remember correctly, there was also a discussion whether the size tolerance of the piston is too large and only those had problems where the tolerance was close to the upper limit.

So the repair kit could include a piston with a smaller tolerance together with a stronger spring.

in My letter that i got from KTM.NL it only mentions that the spring is being changed for a stronger spring

Externer Inhalt youtu.be
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne deine Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklärst du dich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

comparison but not really!

890 is still in run in period and has no tech pack

sorry for the English.

I read about jerkiness at low rpm often, but i think it is something that not every 790 has i.e. some have it more than others and some don't have it at all! ( and it seems to be more common on the S than the R is my opinion)

the demo 790S i rode for 6 weeks on had it ( it was like nothing happened until 4000rpm and then it did)

but the 790 R i purchased didn't!

the 15 front pinion does give it a lot more rideabilty

and what I have read about the 890 engine up to now It is not better just different

and I like the sharpness of the 790 when you open the throttle:)

Has anyone here in the forum already been able to gain experience with the MRA touring screen (without spoiler) on the 790 Adventure?
    https://www.mrashop.de/modellrechte-produkte/ktm/adventure-790/bj-18/7258/790-adventure/r-tourenscheibe-tn-2018?c=6485

good review, I have 2 questions is it adjustable in a low and high setting like the oem screen? and also how much higher is the mra screen compared to the oem screen?
    than-you in advance

ANSWERED

my average fuel consumption is usually beteen 1 and 1,5 liters to optimistic

so average 1 liter 21.5km

is

really 1 liter 20km

so in reality Instead of being emtpy at 430km

i would be empty at 400km

Or with 1 liter left

408,5km

would be

380km

and indeed

with 1 liter left in the tank

Hard acceleration can give fuel starvation(running on fumes)

I will make some pictures tomorrow of mine with engine running

On my ex 1290saS the drl was a lot brighter.

O my ex 1200gs lc the drl was also diffuse(not clear but dull so it didn't dazzle)