• ahoiy

first of all, sorry that I speak in english, but my german is not so good...

now:

3 weeks ago I changed the rubber O -rings of de rockerarms shaft (number 21)
    because one of them was leaking
    now it start to began leaking again..., I really don't know what i did wrong, because the other O ring is prefectly fine and isn't leaking...
    only the one on the left side on the photograph.
    I'm going to replace the metal rings (number 23) next week, but i'm not shure if that's the problem...

do you guys have any info, or tips to solve this problem? I just don't like a leaking bike ;)

(i can understand some german, but i just can't wright it down ;) )

grtz, paul (from belgium)

ktm 625 smc

• 1. Was the leakage before and after the o-ring-replacement on the same rockerarm-shaft?

2. If it is so, the leakage seems to be at the outlet-rockerarm-shaft (“left side on the photograph”)
    2a. Forget #23 – these thrust washers are for adjusting the rockerarm with an axial clearance of 0,20 -0,30 mm (there must be one 1 mm washer on the side of the water pump!)
    2b. Are you sure that the leakage is from the rockerarm-shaft and not from the decompression shaft?

3. If the outlet rockerarm shaft is leaking
    3a. check the new installed o-ring (damaged during installing!!)
    3b. check the cylinder head top section for cracks!!!(Too high tightened cylinder head top section bolt (max 15 Nm!!!)

DUKE2-03
    SD-R-08

• 1) it was leaking , so i replaced it with a new one, it was good for about 2 weeks, then it started leaking again

2b) yes i'm shure

3a) i will check the new o ring
    3b)i hope the head is not cracked, I tightened everey bolt with a torquewrench. the normal bolts with 8 Nm, and the 2 big bolts whom go trough the shafts, with 15nm,just like described in the workplace manual for LC4 engines.

ktm 625 smc