Twin plug 2013 motor in single plug 2009 bike

• I am fitting a 2013 motor into my 2009 r frame and this seems ok till I found the neutral switch is different. I cant swap the switch over as the end of the gear shaft is different and the switch a different design.

I dont have a 2013 wiring diagram to help.

The early version has four wires at the sensor one of which goes directly to earth and three wires go to the plug to the loom.

The later design has four wires all of which go to the loom at a four pin plug

I am thinking maybe one of the four could be earthed and the rest put into the earlier 3 pin plug to the loom. but maybe This is too simple ?

any info would be great

Thanks

• Any ideas how to progress with this missmatch?

I am not needing to use a quickshifter at this stage just simply allow bike to run and neural light.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von dread33 ()

• I have found there is earth continuity in neutral on the 691er sensor, i believe this signal is needed to allow the engine to run.

There is no such continuity to earth from the 693er sensor even earthing other wires only gives a continuous earth in or out of neutral.

Will a continuous earth to the ecu from the frame allow the bike to work properly? I am out of my depth here

I don't want to change the gear shaft to solve this riddle.

Please is there an electrical expert who can help me breath life into my bike again? the investment now is punishing after blow up and new motor but I love this bike

• I'm not an electrical expert, but I think you've to power up the internal circuit of the 693er sensor with the correct voltage, which i don't know (Pin 1 and 2 of the connector; but Pin 1 and 2 on the side stand switch using the same source).

After that there may be an earthed connection on Pin 3 and about 1V +/- 0.09V on Pin 4 in neutral.

If you connect the ecu with permanent earth, the neutral lamp may light up permanently.

• Thanks for that, very helpful. I thought that would be the case with the lamp.

Does that mean that I can use a supply from side stand power #1 & #2 and send it to pins#1 and #2 respectively of the gear sensor and send earth signal that is returned @ #3 to the loom at the #3 pin 691er plug.

Certainly seems to make sense looking at both diagrams.

This stuff makes me feel more autistic than normal

Thanks so much for helping me out I will give it a try.

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von dread33 ()

• Hi guy, it gets a bit more complicated, but not a problem. :zwinker:

The gear sensor needs Power ... 5 V sensor voltage (blue cable) and sensor mass / black cable). You do not need the green cable (signal voltage for the gears). The blue cable is the neutral signal (then releases to ground when active). You have to connect this to the green / black cable on the 2009 wiring harness (cable for neutral).

The sensor voltage 5 V are usually all blue cables going to sensors and the sensor mass are black cables (for comparison ... 12 V on-board voltage are usually orange cables, normal mass are brown cables).

As a solution:

Sensor voltage and sensor ground can be found on the cable which is going to the sidestand switch (black, blue, pink). There you can easily crimp the required cables for 2011 gear Sensor. :zwinker:

Regards

Stefan :prost:

@ RC8-Medicus

Es steht jedem frei ... sich seinen Illusionen hinzugeben. Hat ... zumindest temporär betrachtet ... auch seinen Reiz. :prost:

• hi sorry I am confused here, doesnt take much.

I have taken blue and black wires from the side stand feed and connected them to the sensor plug Blue and black respectively,

You say the blue wire to the green/black loom wire that requires earth in neutral, there is only the green and red left.

Please can you clarify? Maybe a diagram ? words are easily missunderstood.

The new engine is running well and very enjoyable to use, thanks for your encouragement and support. It is only fitted because of your information on interchangability:wheelie::prost:

• I'm not sure about the colors, but i think the black and red wire from the sensor cable should be connected to the black and blue wire of the side stand switch loom.

The blue wire from the sensor should be connected to the green/black wire of the sensor connector of the gear sensor on the 691er loom.

This colors should be conform with the pin description where you got it right^^.

• Yes, excuse me, English is not my strength ... and there is probably something misleading.

On the sensor side is red 5 V and goes to the blue cable (5V sensor voltage) on the wiring harness. Black on the sensor is ground and goes to black (sensor ground) on the wiring harness.

Blue on the sensor is the neutral signal and goes to green / black on the wiring harness.

greetings

Stafan

@ RC8-Medicus

Es steht jedem frei ... sich seinen Illusionen hinzugeben. Hat ... zumindest temporär betrachtet ... auch seinen Reiz. :prost: