reliable motorcycle or bad?

• hello .. I want to buy a KTM RC8. but I'm interested in this bike in terms of reliability. reliability and quality of what he is like? whether to buy it? or it quickly breaks down? hope for your help. because I know nothing about this bike. I await your response. thanks ..

:sehe sterne:

• hello .. I want to buy a KTM RC8. but I'm interested in this bike in terms of reliability. reliability and quality of what he is like? whether to buy it? or it quickly breaks down? hope for your help. because I know nothing about this bike. I await your response. thanks ..

:sehe sterne:

Hi Buddy,

in my opinion the RC8 is a reliable bike and KTM uses high quality parts.
    In the beginning (2008) some problems with a batch of piston rods appeared but KTM changed all of the bad piston rods.
    Some riders have problems with the gear box and KTM changed a part of the gearbox as well.
    There are some more small problems but in sum you can say that all problems with the RC8 are solved and you can get a 4 year warranty so if you have problems your local dealer will help you at no extra costs.

Cheers

Gruß
    der OLLI

Wenn mich jemand fragt: "was geht ab?" male ich ihm ein Kreuz auf die Stirn und antworte: schwarzer EDDING schon mal nicht!

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von olli4321 ()

• Hi Buddy,

in my opinion the RC8 is a reliablke bike and KTM uses high quality parts.
    In the beginning (2008) some problems with a batch of piston rods appeared but KTM changed all of the bad piston rods.
    Some riders have problems with the gear box and KTM changed a part of the gearbox as well.
    There are some more small problems but in sum you can say that all problems with the RC8 are solved and you can get a 4 year warranty so if you have problems your local dealer will help you at no extra costs.

Cheers

Aloha,
    ill second that.
    you can get a high end gear bike for your bucks even tho the prices droped alot.
    since i was able to ride the red bull edition for a few hundret KM i recomend to buy a "R" version, its worth to spend a few more euros for it.
    also a used normal one does the job id say. u can tweak it for small money just get sure all faktory updates are done if its a 2008 made bike.

myself owns a 08 one with now 20.000km+ without any harsh nor "worth to talk about" problems.
    well one thing wich is a bit annoying is the small tank ...

btw welcome at the forums :prost:

kannst du sie nicht besiegen, musst du sie verwirren

• Hello so you still advise to take the model 2009 and a series of R?
    whether there are people who rode motorcycles with an engine LC8 very long? how does this motor? after some time, and thousands of kilometers he starts a serious problem? :denk:

• Hello so you still advise to take the model 2009 and a series of R?
    whether there are people who rode motorcycles with an engine LC8 very long? how does this motor? after some time, and thousands of kilometers he starts a serious problem? :denk:

Regarding reliability there is no difference between RC8 and RC8R.

Gruß
    der OLLI

Wenn mich jemand fragt: "was geht ab?" male ich ihm ein Kreuz auf die Stirn und antworte: schwarzer EDDING schon mal nicht!