Beiträge von anarchy

Just returned from my official KTM dealer for the yearly/10000km service.
    My 690 enduro R has 9000km.
    The bill was €94 (ninety-four!!!)
    >Valve adjustment was not necessary
    Dealer put his stamp in the servicebook.
    What did I at home myself?
    >changing brake fluid
    >cleaning air-filter with compressed air: (when offroading I use the PP foam filter)
    >adjusting chain:
    My bike is equiped with a WINGS (no kat) exhaust (with large db killer) and Accelerator Module (richer). A thermoswitch from suzuki LTZ 400 is installed so the fan actions when t° is +/- 80°(cooler). Riding style is always using midrange (between 3000 and 5000rpm). Oil change (do it myself) every 5000km or even more often (when riding offroad) (fresher). I'm changing tyres myself. Just paid for K60scout front + Golden Tyre GT201 rear €130,66 (cheaper)

After all the reading how good the K60 scout is,i've tried it: it's very good on the road and in the rain; offroad OK as long as if it's dry; in mud it'z zero. But after 4800km it's completely gone!
    I've ordered now the Goldentyre GT 201 on the rear (i read a lot of good reviews on advrider.com); on the front i will put a K60 scout.

I think that's a normal reaction from BP.
    It's the same with an exhaust; no one will rent you an exhaust just to test and do some dynoruns, no one.
    But it's simple; buy one, test it and if you're not happy with it just send it back and you get a refund.
    After reading about all the experiences on advrider.com (from mostly american/australian/british users) i was interested and had a lot of contact with Marc (he's flemish too) from AM. I can only write about my experiences which are only positive.
    They don't sell it as a PS or torque booster: from the FAQ on the BP website:
    Why don't you show the Power improvements of the BoosterPlug in a Dyno graph ?
    As all other resistor tuning devices, the BoosterPlug is not about top end horsepower. (The closed loop operation prevents this - and if you seek more flat out power you must bypass the Oxygen sensor in some way)
    The BoosterPlug will improve the rideability of your bike (a lot !), but its hard to prove this in a graph, and we decided not to join the "Dyno Graph Pissing Contest".
    There's so many possibilities to tweak the Dyno output to make it show whatever you like to see.
    Some of the Dyno Graphs you'll find on the internet are pure imagination, and we prefer to keep our product in the real world :-)

I have the Accelerator Module (http://www.sol2.be/Performance/NLD/Home/page.html) on my 690enduro + F800.
    I can tell you that it works.
    "Verbrauch verschlechtern" : :nein:

"Aber Achtung: Das Ganze funktioniert allerdings nur bei älteren Motoren ohne Lambda-Sonde halbwegs ordentlich. Ansonsten wird einem bei modernen Motoren meist die Lambda-Regelung einen Strich durch die Rechnung machen und das Gemisch sukzessive wieder so weit abmagern, bis das Lambda wieder auf dem Niveau ist, wie die Motorenentwickler das vorgesehen haben. Und dann sind auch 5ct für einen Widerstand für die Katz, geschweige denn 140 Euro. Und zum Thema Garantie hat ja HardyB eigentlich schon alles gesagt. Jetzt kann wohl jeder selbst entscheiden": 9000 km with the AM on my 690 and still works as in the beginning.

Just ask your question: info@sol2.be (AM) or info@boosterplug.com(BP)

Cost = €67 (shipped-lifetime warranty-extended version)

"Ich habe mir vor einiger Zeit mal in Frankreich einen dieser hübschen 125er Cafe-Racer von Mash aus der Nähe angesehen, weil meine Jüngste sich darin verguckt hatte. Kurzum: Zumindest dieses Exemplar war unterirdisch gefertigt, dass können mittlerweile sogar die meisten Chinesen besser"

Mash= Made in China!!!
    Build quality= +/-
    Engine 400 = honda 400 base
    Engine 125 = suzuki license
    I've rented the 125 a few weeks ago for a 200kml trip. Very pleasant engine,bullet proof simple reliable engine. Needs fuel like a bird water: 2,5liter/100km. Price new=€1995