Beiträge von Dogi

But even without handguards.. There is nothing to attach the bar end to, because it comes without any kind of "anchorbolt"?

The "anchor bolts" that come with handlebar / original hand guards are one size too big to be used with the bolts that come with orange bar ends :)

And these are listed as powerpart for -14 SMC..

Hi,

Has anyone fitted PP orange bar ends (54802005000) to -14 model SMC R? I have trouble understanding how that can be done.

Original bolt keeping hand guards attached is too thick to go through PP bar end, and there's nothing to attach the bolt that comes with bar ends to..?

A suggestion from my side, keep the first oil until you reach 500km, the first oil is not as wear protective as the normal oil, therefore you should leave it in the engine until, the break in stage is halfway through.

Thanks for the suggestion. I know that motorcycle manufacturers used ship their bikes with "worse" oil, usually mineral oil I'd think, and maybe do so still? Most people think that it's because that kind of oil is better for break in period, but some thought that's only because that kind of oil is much cheaper, and it'll get changed soon anyway ;)

Personally I don't fully understand why using worse oil would be good.. engine is going to break in sooner, but wouldn't more gentle, even if it would be longer, break in period be better for the engine?

Breaking in my 690 SMC R -14, only 150 km on the clock now. I've been keeping revs low, under 5000 rpms.

I thought that I'd do very early oil (+filter) change, at about 250 km. So I ordered a bottle of Motorex Cross Power 4T 10w60. Problem being that now I'm 200 km away from nearest shop that sells Motorex and just noticed that I have Cross Power 10w50 instead of 10w60. I know that 10w50 is listed in the user manual as an alternative option, but I'm still a bit hesitant about using it..

What difference (might) using lower viscosity oil be for a engine in it's break in stage (if any)?

I'm familiar about overall difference between 10w50 and 10w60 (60 being thicker / closer to optimal /original viscosity at higher temperature), but what actual difference there might be from engine's point of view, concerning it's operation.

Should I wait and ride 200-300 km more before oil change (with 10w60), or should I just do it with this alternative option?

Problems like this "loose brake pedal syndrome" are annoying, but
    fortunately easily solved.. It should be tightened to 25 Nm with
    Locktite, but it "might be" tightened only to 15 Nm, and (according to
    rumours) sometimes even without locktite, and therefore comes loose
    easily. But with a little Locktite and little strength problem is solved
    ;)

hat jemand von euch auf seiner smc r den PP Esd und läuft der Motor damit echt schlechter ?

War bis jetzt bei 3 Händlern und keiner wollte mor einen verkaufen, meinten alle a) passt nicht und b) sie läuft wegen der Doppelzündung usw schlecht mit dem Esd. :zorn:

2014 PP exhaust is same as 2013, but it comes with different bracket to get it attached properly. You also need 2014 model map for it! 2014 engine is way different, and will not work properly with old akra/evo maps.

How is one able to tune the -14 engine to work flawlessly with any other aftermarket pipes / silencers than "official" EVO pipe / package (& KTM approved EVO map)

I mean that doesn't closed ECU make it impossible to tune the engine to work for example with full remus system (with TuneEcu etc)?

I understand German pretty good, with / without the translator, and I have a Swiss friend who translates the rest to me.. it's just that I can't write it, at all :)

So please go ahead and use your own language, even when replying to me, and forgive me if I write my replys / questions in English.

Thanks guys!

wundert mich was er hier macht. gibt's keine Finnisches Forum? xD

If you want to know something, why not go to where the information is ;)

Seriously, you guys have the best KTM forum I've come across, even if I have to read it through the crappy translator.

And as far as Finland goes.. There has always been a lot more enduro bikes than supermotos here. I mean a LOT more. And since there was 60 Enduro R / SMC R motorcycles sold in Finland last year, you can quess that "KTM population" is not big enough to keep any forum active. That 60 is combined number, and I'd guess something like 50 enduros / 10 SMCs. Some KTM retailers won't get even one SMC, some lucky ones will get 1 or 2, per year :)

Now, enough with the offtopic and English. I'll cross my arms and start waiting for the EVO package for -14 model.

That sounds fantastic! It's -4 celsius outside at the moment, so I'm not in a hurry.

I just don't know how I can get local shop to admit that they have been wrong all along, and that there will be brand new evo package for -14 model :)

In english, because google's translator is... not too good :)

Are we sure that there will be EVO 1 / EVO 2 packet for -14 model.. with appropriate / official EVO maps?

My problem is that local KTM shop claims that EVO 1 complete packet (with full akra pipe) for -13 model is good for -14 model also. Since PP catalogue says that it is good for 08-13 only (lot's of changes in the engine so this makes sense) I told them that this cannot be the case. After that they still insisted that all (EVO) parts for -13 model fit -14 too, and that they have confirmed this from finnish importer, and that even the engine maps are the same!!

I'd like to buy -14 model with EVO 1 complete, but when importer / local shop are telling me things that are not true according to KTM catalogue.. I find it hard to buy a motorcycle from a source I cannot fully trust.

Für mich immer noch darauf besteht, dass Händler 2013 akra Vollrohr und Schalldämpfer und Karte (evo 1 komplett) sind gut für das Jahr 2014 ohne Modifikationen, denn "Veränderungen sind so wenig 2013 -> 2014" :kacke:

ich würde erst einmal die Füße still halten! da ändert sich sicher noch einiges.
    sieht sehr nach Copy und Paste aus...

Yep, hielt meine Pferde. Ich kann einfach nicht verstehen, wie sich diese Situation ist möglich :)

Werks veröffentlicht Katalog, der klar sagt, "alte Evo-Paket noch gut für 2014". Es gibt viele Veränderungen in den Motor so, das macht Sinn .. Airbox-Abdeckung, Zündung, Ride-by-wire ..

Dann sagt Geschäft, dass sie wollen, mich zu verkaufen und installieren "alten" evo, und wenn ich fragen, wie dies möglich ist, sagen sie, dass Importeur hat bestätigt, alte Paket ist gut .. so Importeur und Shop verkaufen / Installation Sachen gegen Fabrik instuction

Auch hier, sorry für schlechte Sprachkenntnisse Google Übersetzer :)

Lokale Shop sagt nichts ab 2013 Modell (betreffend EVO-Paket) geändert und sogar Motorkennfelder gleich sind (für 2013 und 2014-Modelle)!

Ich verstehe nicht, wie dies wahr sein kann, mit so vielen Veränderungen .. Und PP Katalog sagen EVO ist nur gut 2008 bis 2013.

Könnte jemand überprüfen dies durch KTM?

Ich entschuldige mich für die Sprache .. Google Translator ;)