Schneider Header system

• Hi everyone.

I'm new here ,and i dont speak or write german ,but i hope you understand what i write in english.
    I'm a Duke II rider from Norway who needs a few tips from some experts.
    My problem is that i cant seem to get the exhaustheader free from leaks. I am about to try some Holts GunGum ,but will that seal the leaks?
    The leaks are worst where the headersystem meats the sylinder.
    If the leaks cant be sealed,then i'm thinking of buying a complete Sebring system ,are Sebring good for Duke II?

The bike will be perfect when all this is done.

My mods so far:
    Leaky Schneider Header system :)
    KTM Rallye camshaft MSP 3/1
    Mikuni TMR41 Carb
    BMC airfilter
    Modified stock mufflers

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Porta ()

• Hi Porta!

First of all :willkommen: at the coolest and best :kürbis:-forum!

To your question:
    Well, normally there is no gasket or similar seal in this area of the exhaust system. The system is only sealed
    due to the small connection between the exhaust manifold (what you call exhaust header) and the 5 or 10mm
    shaft from the cylinder.
    GunGum (I'm really wondering that you can buy this product nowaday's - I used it 15 year's ago for teh exhaust
    on my car's) is not the best idea and to be honest - it looks :kacke:
    What you could try is to use a ceramic fibre material (cut a ring out of it, put it flat on the cylinder and fix the
    manifold with the springs) because this material resists more than 1000 degrees centigrade.

Sebring
    I bought the complete system 1 1/2 years ago and need to tell you that I'm very satisfied with it. It looks
    great on the bike (the much thicker manifolds, the 2 in 1 in 2 middlepart and of course the 2 silencer - well, in
    case of Sebring it's NOT a silencer :lautlach:) and fit's nearly perfect - I only needed to cut one pipe for 7 or 8 mm.
    If you would ask me if you should buy the system I would say YES!! :daumen hoch:
    Another big advantage - you buy the "street legal" and the "racing" system together - the insert (decibel killer) is
    easy to remove and without this insert the sound of your duke will be amazing!

I hope that this hint's could help you a little bit!

:prost:

Suchst du neue Freunde?
    Sende eine SMS mit "A.r.s.c.h.l.o.c.h." an die 133!!

• Hi to Norway!
    One possible reason for leaks is that the stock exhaust retaining springs at the exhaust ports are too long for Schneider Cycles Lc4 Header.

DUKE2-03
    SD-R-08

• Thanks for the welcome and thanks for all the hints and tips.
    I have now tossed the Gungum in the trash ,and will see if i can find something to make a heat resistant gasket.

• This is the solution

Link
    The leakage is because the original flange is to short and the Schneider-Pipes touch the weld of the flange.
    So you can change your flange aganst the ones of KTM-Faber or cheaper you cut some millimeters of your Schneider-Pipes so that there is no contact with the welding.

Macht euch nichts draus - jeder wird einmal geDuked

• Thanks ,i'm about to order a pair but Faber doesn't speak english and i dont understand much german.
    Could someone please tell me how to order from Faber?

• the 2 flanges will cost 85,40 Euro
    p&p approx. 10-12 Euro

I could do you the favor buy them for you and send them to your address

only thing you need to do is transfer the money to my bank account and after 1 week you should have it at home
    (depends on the snailmal)

Suchst du neue Freunde?
    Sende eine SMS mit "A.r.s.c.h.l.o.c.h." an die 133!!