Beiträge von Bundu

Gemessen wird mit Sicherheit exakt, es werden nur auf dem Rechenweg vom ABS-Sensor zum Tacho 10 Prozent draufgeschlagen bei der 1190. die stimmen (jedenfalls bei mir) immer. Würden sie ungenau messen würde die Abweichung ja schwanken. Mit einem Softwareupdate wäre das 'Problem' also zu lösen. Wollen sie aber nicht.

exactly!

also, would the error not increase when the tread on the tyres is reduced by use and the error then go over the 10% limit?

As I've said before, my 1190 had the most inaccurate speedo of any of my many previous bikes :Daumen runter:

Noch mal - es geht nicht darum, daß +10 Prozent bei der Tachoanzeige erlaubt sind. Wären sie das nicht, wäre das Problem schon gelöst. Es geht um die Tatsache, daß 10% Voreilung :kacke: sind, nicht üblich sind, nicht nötig sind und es offenbar besser geht, siehe 1050 und 1290.

Bundu - what´s your experience on the 1290 in terms of difference between real speed and speedometer? Didn´t you own an 1190 earlier?

Grüße
    Chris

I posted my results above, but here they are again
    Motorrad: 1290 Super Adv
    Softwarestand: 3.22
    Bereifung: Conti Trail ATTACK 2 K
    Navi: GARMIN ZUMO 660
    Abweichung Geschwindigkeitsanzeige Tacho zu Navi: ~4% mehr als im Navi

Yes, I had the 1190S before the 1290SA and if I recall, the error was +8% indicated by the bike on standard tyres as supplied by KTM - that never changed after any software upgrades - sold the bike last May2015 :Daumen hoch:

and YES, I agree 100% with you, the speed reading can and should be FAR more accurate and I would have thought that this can be done in the software

please excuse my English... I understand German, but struggle writing it :-(

Surely what the law says is irrelevant when you buy a premium bike? A premium bike, assuming KTM is one, should portray engineering excellence and accuracy of data displayed is part of that - I have never owned bikes with as inaccurate speedometers as KTM - will we at some stage also not trust the claimed engine output? not 150/160HP but maybe 130/140HP?

It's very annoying!

Ich habe davon gehört und meinem KTM Händler den Link geschickt. Mal schauen, was er dazu sagt. Außerdem wurde in der aktuellen Ausgabe der Tourenfahrer (03/16) darüber berichtet, dass das 17er Modell eine verbesserte Gabel mit anderen Ventilen erhalten wird. Ferner soll es ein Fahrwerksupdate geben. Es wird berichtet, dass die Kosten für den Umbau noch nicht feststehen. Ob das heißt, dass es möglicherweise auch eine Kulanzlösung gibt, steht in den Sternen.

I heard about that and I talked to my KTM dealer and sent him the link of this post. Let's see what he'll find out. Further this post, there was a story in the german Biker-magazine, "Tourenfahrer" which says, that there will be a modified fork with different/new valves for 17th model. Additional for this there''ll be a new launch for the software. The prices are not fixed yet, if that means that there will be a goodwill solution by KTM is doubtful.

danke MikeTe :Daumen hoch:

if the 2015/16? owners don't get a fix from KTM, it will make our bikes resale value lower than it should be, which will make me never buy a launch model from KTM again

[1290] Poltern / Klacken in der Gabel

Clunking sound forks:
    I just read the below post on AdvRider forum - anybody heard this elsewhere?
    "I noticed from the first day the issue about the clunk in the fork. It has been a long process that required analysis, much trial and error and a set of forks overnighted directly from KTM. None of these efforts yielded a solution, but did make clear what the root of the problem was. Something in the fork was not right. Every step of the way, my dealer who sold me the bike - Ken & Joe's Honda, Kawasaki & KTM - were on the issue and in constant communication with KTM NA. They were always proactive, calling whenever there was new information or a new approach to the issue. As of yesterday, the issue has finally been laid to rest. Installing the right side fork cartridge from the 2016 1290 Super Adventure is the answer. Finally, I have a motorcycle that feels whole! I no longer have to think to myself how great the bike is - except for the forks....
    If you're looking for a dealer who understands the problem and knows how to fix it, give them a call at 661-254-2929. Ask for Jim in Service. Jim & the service dept are switched on. Even if you're not in the area and your dealer could use some direction on the problem, have your dealer call my dealer. "

http://advrider.com/index.php?…15%2Fpage-2#post-28678443