Excel Tabelle KTM 690 SMC +R / ENDURO +R, suspensionen und rahmen Unterschiede von 2008 bis heute.

• How's my German hmm? : D

So, I did this for the French SMC Forum.
    I have read and gathered all the informations from the workshop manuals and the settings lists (fork + shock).
    It's a tabelle that shows ALL the differences in weight, height, ground clearance, suspension stroke etc between the differents models of 690 SMC and SMC R since 2008 to this day.

The differences are sometime huge, it is very interesting.

I try to update the table as much as possible, everytime I get a new info.
    There's sometimes a contradiction between the workshop manual and the setting list so I try to take the info from the setting list each time (suspension wise).

Hope somebody here can translate this, I can help if needed but I'm sure there are a few people here that can understand a bit of French ...

I'm still waiting for the 2019 SMC's setting lists and repair manual.
    I'm also missing the 2008 setting lists ... If somebody has them, please let me know.

Here is a link where you'll find the table and the setting lists, let me know if it doesn't work.
    Enjoy.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/gc0…Eihx96qlp-9XP8QThxQa?dl=0[Attach = 206372] [/ attach]

EDIT: I'll always put the most recent versions down below, in my first post.

• SM-Mic

Hat den Titel des Themas von „Excel Tabelle KTM 690 SMC und SMC R, suspensionen und rahmen Unterschiede von 2008 bis heute.“ zu „Excel Tabelle KTM 690 SMC und SMC-R, suspensionen und rahmen Unterschiede von 2008 bis heute.“ geändert.
  • Yo, little update.

I have now extended this to the 690 ENDURO (+R) from 2008 to 2020.

+ it's now in ENGLISH! :prost:

I have also updated the database with more columns and informations, I have added some partnumbers so I can compare what parts bikes share together etc.
    2008 models are pretty unique.
    Also 2011.

I also wanna add the springs' installed length into the table (for the forks), I did a friend's fork 2 months ago (SMC 2008) but I forgot to check it...
    Gonna do a 2012 SMC R soon. Maybe a 2010 ENDURO R also.

Hope some of you will find this useful.
    I will update my first post with the updated tables.

The dropbox links will also be updated.
    Please tell me if you have questions or if you see strange or false informations.
    Sometimes when repairs manuals and setting lists don't share the same informations I chose to go with the setting lists.

I'm looking for the 2019 and 2020 SMC R setting lists, I need them to update the excel tables.
    If you have them please contact me.
    Thanks alot! :winke:

4 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Thor_du ()

• Thor_du

Hat den Titel des Themas von „Excel Tabelle KTM 690 SMC und SMC-R, suspensionen und rahmen Unterschiede von 2008 bis heute.“ zu „Excel Tabelle KTM 690 SMC +R / ENDURO +R, suspensionen und rahmen Unterschiede von 2008 bis heute.“ geändert.
  • There was an error for the SMC R 2012 / 2013 and later 2014 to 2017 models, I had written 272 mm and 273 mm of assembled length with preload spacers and it's false, it's 10 mm actually, I must have been drunk, so less for both (262 and 263 mm, so 12 and 13 mm of preload spacers (from free length)).
    So this is now correct, I've updated the tables everywhere. Please be sure to check regularly for updates and added infos.

I've also added the spring's assembled length (original 450 mm spring + advised preload spacers) for the 2012 and 2013 SMC R models.

I haven't done anything to the ENDURO tables.

Updated versions will always appear in the first post + in the latest post.

• I have updated the setting lists (dropbox link) some of them were missing, I've added the ones for the 2019 and 2020 690 ENDURO R.
    Looks like the 2021 model has different part numbers for both forks and shock, I haven't investigated more.

Still looking for the setting lists for the 2019 and 2020 690 SMC R, apparently, again the 2021 model has different elements than the 2 previous models.

• 690 ENDURO R (19/20/21) shock.

Interesting, to say the least.
    Shock travel (setting lists) is 100 mm.

Lately a friend of mine and I have been working on his 2021 690 ENDURO R to stretch it to 300 mm front + rear (front swapped for an old SX CC forks), so we've been able to gather some cool infos.

We couldn't believe the bump stop was at 50% of the total travel so went further because as you know the wheel moves through an arc.
    We took some measurements with the spring removed etc and the shock and it looks like it touches the bumper at ~148 mm of rear wheel travel (59%).

On older 690s, EXCs, SXs etc, even today's 690 SMC R the bumper is around a 1/4 (and sometimes a bit more) of the total travel of the wheel/shock.
    I've got a disassembled SMC shock, I'll try to put it together without the bumper and spring when I have time to see what the real total wheel travel is and draw a graphic for the linkage, that would be interesting.

Still looking for more data here, don't know if we've missed/forgot something here.

Goal: 300 mm wheel travel front and rear.

resize11.jpg
    resize12.jpg
    img_2318.jpg
    image010.png

4 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Thor_du ()

• Also this week I've had the chance to get an SMC + an SMC R (250 mm / 2012 + 2013) forks apart at the same time so I've gathered a few infos that are gonna come useful at some point, + more info the the excel tables.

In a near future I would like to add links to the text and titles so people can directly open a picture / technical drawing online and immediately get what I'm talking about or how I did the drawing etc.

Sorry for the poor quality pictures.
    Updated excel tables soon, probably during the next week.

dscn0413.jpg

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Thor_du ()

• Hello Thor_du first off all, thank you for your work. Thats a lot of help!

I'm a little confused by the 2 lists. I changed my spring on my 690 SMC-R 2019 shock from 75 N/mm (91110003S) to this one 85 N/mm (91110005S)

000571.jpg

The spring 75 N/mm (91110003S) should be for bikers from 65-75 kg and the 85 N/mm (91110005S) for bikers with 85-95 kg.

But according the following setting list, I should have taken an other spring and the default weight for the 75 N/mm (91110003S) spring should be 75 - 85 kg.

000572.jpg

And according to the setting list the right spring would be the harder one with 81N/mm 81-225 (91010367).

• Thanks SAZOU , and thanks for using these tables and improving your bike!

From my own experience with the older SMC R the weight targets were wrong. And in dynamic they were even more wrong if you were a bit fast.
    Barely works in static with compression closed at 3/4 at the back and opposite in the front, an average fast rider would bottom it, even a light one (70 kg in undies, 80kg equipped).

Don't stress too much about that, focus on the facts, not what the book says.

Have you measured your sags with the old 75 N/mm spring?
    Same question with the new stronger spring, + with how much preload?
    And what is your weight (in riding gear)?

• My weight is 95-97 kg with full gear and the stock spring is to soft. Cant get a good setting with i but I did not measured the sag yet. Have to do it now but after the first ride with the new/harder spring it feels like a complete new bike and I have much more trust in the corners. The end doesnt swing that much like with the stock spring and I dont have the feeling to lose the end with the "new" setting.

My mechanik set the sag to like 95kg and told me I should test it. And if it feels bad for me we change it a little more.

So think I will measure it now and test it as soon as possible.