Superduke starting problem

• Unfortunately I have to write this in english since my German is so poor and I guess you would not understand Finnish. :grins:

I just bought used 2000 km driven superduke and sometimes during starting I hear loud metallic sound from the engine and the engine does not start. I have have not touched accelerator during start. According to manual if you accelerate during starting the engine you will here this metallic sound.

Has anyone experience of this kind of problem? Is this serious enough that it could damage the engine?

• My SD is by my KTM-Dealer for the same reason at this time -
    he changed it allready without any problems from KTM.

Gruss Roger
    ...der mit ohne KTM... :zwinker:

• Zitat

Original von Geissenpeter
    they should know the problem very well. The problem occurs on many SD. Mine was repaired twice. It is a part of the starter

and ? Any problems since than ?

• Zitat

Original from Goatpeter
    they should know the problem very well. The problem occurs on many SD. Mine was repaired twice. It is a part of the starter

Well I can't get that one!
    Thought that the "new" torque limiter had been adapted.
    Why did you have to return twice?

Success is like being pregnant: Everybody says "Congratulations!" but nobody knows how many times you got fucked!

(www theft)

• since i had many different problems with my dealer in the past i am not absolutely sure that he replaced the limiter. He may have tried to fix it and that didn't work to good. He might have replaced it on the 2nd try but this is not sure as well.

I still have this cracking noise once in a while but not during the starting procedure but i can initiate this by turning the throttle like bikers sometime do while waiting at the red traffic light. That's embarrassing i can tell you.

It can also happen on cold temperatures if i try to start the engine with the 1st gear in and the clutch lever pulled. This may happen because the clutch does not seperate to good with cold oil and than the torque exceeds the limit. I try to avoid this.

To put it in a nutshell, it is much better than in the past but not away yet. Maybe i have to ask for the new and improved limiter on the next service

• Zitat

Original von Geissenpeter
    since i had many different problems with my dealer in the past i am not absolutely sure that he replaced the limiter. He may have tried to fix it and that didn't work to good. He might have replaced it on the 2nd try but this is not sure as well.

I made the same experience with that dealer.

He told me that he repaired my clutch cylinder twice - hahaha.
    My new dealer find out that he never touched the clutch cylinder.
    No wonder that oil still had running down on the sidestand of my SD.

Back to the problem torque limiter:
    My dealer ordered an complet new set, but the new styled cover is
    not available yet; hope he will receive it end of this week.
    That means: KTM changed this part by themself!!!

Gruss Roger
    ...der mit ohne KTM... :zwinker:

• Moi ympyrä,
    mulla on ihan sama vika...seuraavassa huollossa pitäis tulla uus "momentinrajoitin" starttiin. Vian kanssa voi kyllä elää; lopeta käynnistäminen jos se tekee sen äänen ja kokeile uudestaan, ja avot peli lähtee käyntiin. Ei siis kannata sahata starttia jos metallinen ääni kuuluu.

t.
    D

Ich bin schneller als die langsameren...und langsamer als die schnelleren

990 Superduke -05
    250 SX -04

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Dölzi ()

• Zitat

Original von Dölzi
    Moi ympyrä,
    mulla on ihan sama vika...seuraavassa huollossa pitäis tulla uus "momentinrajoitin" starttiin. Vian kanssa voi kyllä elää; lopeta käynnistäminen jos se tekee sen äänen ja kokeile uudestaan, ja avot peli lähtee käyntiin. Ei siis kannata sahata starttia jos metallinen ääni kuuluu.

t.
    D

hey, das wolltsch auch gerade schreiben :lol:

• Geissenpeter:

Ü-setzmodus an:
    freie Ü-setzung:
    Ich hab das gleiche Problem. Bei der nächten Inspektion kommt ein neuer Drechmomentbegrenzer rein. Man kann mit den Problem aber leben, wenn's kracht dan eben neu starten, und schon läuft die Kiste. Also wenn's kracht nicht weiter starten, sindern neu versuchen.
    Ü-setzmodus aus
    :achtung ironie:
    Gruss
    D

990 Superduke -05
    250 SX -04

• Zitat

Original von Dölzi
    Moi ympyrä,

t.
    D

Moi

No enpä olisi uskonut että tällä paslstalla joku puhuu suomea. Kiitti vinkistä näin mä itse asiassa oon tehnytkin.

• Ratiritiralla mistä tuli halla
    Tuolta Pohjan tunturilta Lapin lasten laitumilta
    ratiriti arlla sieltä tuli halla
    this is finnish but not the end

:lautlach:

hupf in gatsch und schlog a wölln

• Kovin olette kaukana täältä :achtung ironie:

990 Superduke -05
    250 SX -04