Hello from USA

• Hello, My name is Jeff and I am from the USA and I dont read/speak German or any other language....sorry

I bought a SD 990 this week and love it but there is no dealer support in the US. I need to know if I can put on an exhaust w/out reprogramming my ECU. I cant get it programmed over here :-( I know that it wont run as well as if it was re-programmed but will it run too lean and hurt the motor. I am thinking about the SilMotor cans.

Also can I remove the SAS or SLS system w/out a reprogram? Has anyone done this? I would appreciate any help that you can offer me.

Thanks,
    Jeff
    05 SD 990 Orange

• first of all --> welcome at the one and only "ktm-forum"!!

"reprogramming-and-so-on problem" -- sorry, but i think, you'd better ask the "competence centre" of "ktm-sommer". german website - i know, but i'm sure, they're also competent in the english language (hopefully more then me)

greetings from austria (no kangoroo's, just mozart)
    chris

• Zitat

Original von Finnster
    I dont read/speak German or any other language....sorry

therefore your english is pretty good :achtung ironie:

Kein Alkohol ist auch keine Lösung

• Where did you buy your SD?
    I went to a local KTM dealer recently to rent a bike, as I'm missing my :kürbis: so badly :weinen:.
    However, they only had some SX and SMR which you can't ride on public roads :stop polizei: , and according to them the Adventure is the only KTM available in the US which you may register (unfortunately they did not have one there - with my desperation I would have even rented one of those :lautlach: ).