2011 Duke 690 R evo 2 tunning kit problem! Sorry for the Englisch!

• Hallo aus Athene Griecheland!

2011 Duke 690 R owner question in english !

I recently purchased a brand new duke 690 R. Done 2000km with it and just installed the EVO 2 Tunning KIT from KTM powerparts in my authorized engineer.

Question :I noticed that when I close the throttle while riding slow, my bike runs alone @ about 2100 rpm and goes only back to the correct idle speed when I action the clutch.

any idea? Please help!

entschuldigung fur die englisch! :respekt:

• Hi Glocan

No Problem i guess almost everyone is able to read and understand english, otherwise google tranlate is very helpful.

Well i've a Duke R too, but just with akra-map and Leo exhaust and i had the same problem. I did 2 things at the same time, after that the error didnt occur again.
    I deactivated the Lambda and made an ini-run. Now its gone. Did u try just to do another ini-run? Maybe it helps.

Gruess Masta

• hi glockan :winke:

did you or your dealer try an ini-run after installing the kit?

arrange your duke straight up, start the engine and let it run for 15 minutes, then turn of the engine with the key
    if the engine goes out within this time, just start it again - do not reset the 15-min counter if this happens.

maybe this helps :winke:

/edit - masta was faster :lol:

• the fact is that your engine is running lean, because off the new camshaft , if you have the possibilitie to get tuneboy or other program , you can fix the trouble in giving more fuel at the idle , you can also adjust the ignition timing , increasing the fuel you increase the timing a little bit :Daumen hoch:

before this be sure that the throttle body is set propely :denk:

• the evo2 tuning kit comes with a spezial mapping from ktm that should be downloaded to the ecu's after installing the hardware
    if this was done properly, why do you think the engine is running lean?

• Thanks guys for the resonses!

Today i went again to my engineer and we reinstalled the maps and did the 15 min idle reset.

Again the problem stays the same ? Some times the revs keep at 2200-2700rpm and again when put neutral gear it goes to normal 1400-1700rpm .

I will try to deactivate the lamda sensor and then do the 15 min reset when the engine is cold .
    Is it easy to deactivate the lamda sensor? Any guide to do this?

Thanks in advance

• Did you tried this?

Throttle calibration
    This re-calibrates the start & stop position of the throttle grip. Turn the ignition on but don't start. Wait for the tacho needle to return to zero. Then turn the throttle grip gradually from close to open and back from open to closed. Don't let it snap shut. Turn the ignition off, done.

• Yes i have and also we did the throtke position (thad and apad) calibration/check in my engineer.
    I dont know as i told before next action will be disabling the lambda sensor.

Any other ideas will be welcomed!

• Yes i have and also we did the throtke position (thad and apad) calibration/check in my engineer.
    I dont know as i told before next action will be disabling the lambda sensor.

Any other ideas will be welcomed!

You can disable lambda sensor with tuneecu in your mapping - otherwise you have to remove the lambda sensor und put a plug instead. Don`t just unplug lambda cable, because then your lambda sensor will be become defect without heating!

:winke:

:Kürbis: 890 Adventure :wheelie:

• I haven't told you something. When i bought the bike brand new , i did all the 2000km only with RON 100. Then i installed the evo 2 kit and started using RON 95 fuel. Then the problems started. Do you think it has anything to do with it?
    What RON's do you use?

• I haven't told you something. When i bought the bike brand new , i did all the 2000km only with RON 100. Then i installed the evo 2 kit and started using RON 95 fuel. Then the problems started. Do you think it has anything to do with it?
    What RON's do you use?

We also use RON 95 - i don't think that this is the cause...

• Hi guys once again!

I just ordered the ktm kable from stc-shop.at
    I will download tune-ecu and then deactivate lamda sensor. Anyone that has used
    tune ecu? is it easy to deactivate the lamda sensor?

Deactivating it , is there a chance that i might do something bad to the engine?

Thanks

• It is easy to deactivate lambda via tuneecu. I think it does not harm the engine, because lambda only works in closed loop area (idle until around 1/4-1/2 throttle) - wot runs just over the mapping and other sensors
    I am just concerned about lambda probes, if they are not heated anymore the will get damaged - maybe somebody knows that. So you would have to put plugs instead of lambda probes.