Rocker arm bearing idea

• Sorry for my english.. but my german is worse .

Regarding the rocker arm bearing problem that affects almost all our 690 since 2007 ..

Has anyone tried to put an oil nozzle directly on the bearing/cammes?

I would like to try, with 2 holes of 0,4 mm in the magnesium cover of the head, but I cannot decide where to take the oil in pressure.. someone can help me?

Thank you

• Thank You , this is what I'm doing right now.. but I like to play the little mechanic , and i was thinking on this solution, why do You think this will not work?

• Needle bearings are working very well with an very small amount of oil;
    they do not need pressure-oil - example:
    connectionrod-bearings on several two-strokers.

Most of the problems are not wear of the bearings,
    but goin out of its seat of the center pin.
    This you will no affect with extra oil.

Best wishes
    Babsi

Grüße von Babsi

Beratung und Vertrieb Fa. Myjet "Highscore"

• Thank you for Your comment, but I saw that from 2007 to 2012 the problem was that the pins and the roller was not hardened enough ( SF08)
    Then KTM changed sometning and also the codes of the spare parts
    These was prone to going out as You wrote ( SF13)
    Now KTM changed again something but without changing the code ( You can check the different pinning of the pins and the SF15 mark in the cast)
    I have 2 pieces SF15 to mount, but I'm not sure that they will last..
    In 2016 Dukes they switched to like UNI-CAM system and hopufully ended these kind of problems.. but the older ones are still there

• SF15 rocker died on me after 20.000km:

...ein Defekt der Nockenwelle und daraufhin in Folge des Kipphebels wahrscheinlich...

To be precise, you suppose the camshaft was defect and the death of the rocker was the result.

Moritz

E-Bike Fahrer reagieren, auf ihr Problem angesprochen, zunehmend gereizt.